March 27, 2015

Hello my dears! It has been a long time, I know. These past three weeks have easily been some of the craziest, most stressful, and most beautiful of my life. So much has changed, but through it all, the Lord is constant. He has been my Rock and Foundation through this time. Since I wrote the post about family change, much has happened. My spring break happened to land during the week my family and I moved. That was a HUGE blessing and that week was….unforgettable and filled with lots of amazing memories. Here are some pictures of the goings ons:


Me and my pup a few weeks before moving. Need I say more? <3 Greta is happily settled with some friends of ours now. I miss her, but I honestly couldn’t be more excited about the home she’s in now, so it worked out all right. :)


Going out for a celebratory dinner on Daddy’s last day of work in his old job.


Bair’s burgers are seriously the best! :)


Austin and I went squirrel hunting on Monday. Usually the woods are teaming with squirrels, but we didn’t see a single one that day. Grr. We just did target shooting and it was still a jolly good time.


Ah, I now see why people like hunting. Just being able to immerse yourself in the beauty and stillness of the outdoors is such bliss!


The next day, Wesley took off work and we went to Mansfield and visited the museum and home of Laura Ingalls Wilder. The Little House series are near and dear to my heart, since my Mom was intentional about reading them all to us when we were little. I would definitely say that they shaped my childhood. How amazing to see and experience some of Laura’s world!


Then we came back to Wesley’s apartment and had a pizza and movie night. What a delightful evening! It was one of those few days I enjoyed so very much that I wished I could rewind it and live the day over again.


On Wednesday, Mom and I moved my stuff to our friends’ home. This picture kinda sums up the day. Yes, I stayed in my pajama’s almost all day, and yes, there were lots of unorganized moments. :) It all worked out, though, and I was glad to get my stuff settled ahead of me.


Of course that week was filled with lots of sibling time. We played games and yes – even stayed up late being silly and watching old dingbat cartoons. :) That’s what siblings are for, right?


 The day I moved went by rapidly. I worked all day until 4, then we went out for a family dinner. Settling in with my friends has gone smoothly. They are so kind and welcoming and I feel blessed to be a part of their family, in a way. Although I miss our little paradise in the country, though living in town definitely has its perks, including not having to drive so far to run errands and go to school.


Yes, I am still working as a waitress on Saturdays. It’s a little oasis of old-fashioned country eating and familiarity and a nice getaway from the craze of nursing school. This is me and Sarah. She peels all of the potatoes at the restaurant and often finds potatoes that look like fish. Then she comes and shows them to me. :)


This is a picture of my clinical group after our last clinical at the simulation center. How is nursing school, you may ask? Well, no sooner did I settle in my new home than began the most academically intense weeks of my life. Yep, that’s right. Med-Surg II started off with IV therapy. IVs are incredible. They are such powerful medical tools, yet can be extremely dangerous as well. Think about it: a medication put through your veins will be circulated throughout your entire body in less than a minute! So yes. Even though it was tough, I understood WHY it was so hard. I want someone who’s putting an IV in me to know what they’re doing! I was very thankful to not be squeamish of needles or blood, having gotten poked 3 times and poking other people 5 times. The comprehensive IV exam was this morning. It was truly the hardest test I have ever taken, mostly because of the added pressure of it being a pass/fail test, with failure resulting in dismissal from the program. It was hard not to doubt my knowledge (and application of knowledge!), but I pulled through and passed with a larger margin than I’d dared to hope. Now onward and upward to the next part of nursing school! There are exciting things ahead, including our next round of clinicals and studying OB and peds!

I am grateful for God’s enabling grace. I’m humbled that He has seen fit to bless me in such ways as these. I read this passage from Habakkuk in my devotions this morning and it was an encouraging reminder to take JOY in the Lord and remember that my strength comes from Him alone! Until next time, my friends.

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer’s;
he makes me tread on my high places.


Leave a Reply